Welcome to Meath Volunteer Centre
Meath Volunteer Centre is a county-wide community based service that offers a recruitment and placement service available to anybody living in County Meath who is interested in volunteering. Meath Volunteer Centre also provides support and training to organisations in County Meath on all aspects of volunteer management in order to encourage best practise across the sector.
Meath Volunteer Centre currently work with over 200 Volunteer Involving Organisations in Meath and have an average of 150 active volunteering opportunities at any one time.
We provide a range of services for Volunteers, where you can:
- Avail of our Free Volunteer Placement service
- Find out more about volunteering opportunities and view our database of volunteer opportunities without having to make a commitment
- Talk with someone in our Volunteer Centre on the how, why and where of volunteering
- Participate in our volunteer centre led initiatives - helping volunteers in Meath drive change and make a difference
We also provide a range of services to Volunteer Involving Organisations:
- Through our Free Placement service, if you need volunteers we will try and source them for you
- We can meet with you to help with any issues about taking on volunteers for the first time, or to review current procedures, or anything generally to do with volunteering, such as attracting volunteers, managing volunteers, references, good practice, expenses.... and much more
- Training for Volunteer Involving Organisations about involving volunteers
- We provide a Garda Vetting Service for volunteer involving organisations who do not have an authorised signatory in their organisation.
- We don't charge for the majority of our services and we keep things confidential.
- Have a look around our web site, it is full of information on volunteering and volunteer development and is updated regularly.
Have a look around our website - it is full of information on volunteering.
Meath Volunteer Centre is part of a wider network of volunteer centres. Further information on the network can be found at www.volunteer.ie